Skip to main content

Traffic Congestion and PUNE and Two Wheelers.

Well, I am a motor cycle rider in Pune. And I have been in Pune since last two years. Initially when I came here from shillong I felt such a huge road amazing we can fly our bike over here. Gradually I realized that the number of two wheelers over here is huge.. I mean huge... And came to know that its one of the city with highest number of two wheelers in Asia. Amazing... hats off to Pune.


But during the peak hours the traffic is horrible. No, no I am not comparing with Mumbai or Bangalore. Cause this two places have more density than Pune. But the way the traffic get stuck in Pune is amazingly out of 100%.... 60% is two wheelers.
Here it comes, right, left, center.. from extreme left to right without signal and vice-versa. Everyone is in hurry to go ahead than others.

Recently I was riding from Friendship Circle (Aundh Road) towards Sangvi Petrol Pump.. it was a huge traffic Jam. Vehicle literally not moving. I parked my bike by the road side and went to see. Alas! it all two wheelers trying to cross each other before any other does. And few of them standing there looking at each other face as in , " You move then I will move". I laughed my heart out and slowly.. made the people clear that this will not work. And once everything got settled everyone was happy.

I believe these points will help out Traffic Inspectors to smoother traffic instead of just looking at who over rides the signal and catch hold of him to get a little money for "desi daru"



1. Make sure none of the vehicle be it 2 wheelers, four wheelers any other should cross from extreme left to right or vice-versa.
2. If does, fine should be levied.
3. Every one should follow lane discipline and once caught.. should be fined.
4. No overtaking in narrow routes and bridges.
5. No sudden halts my auto rickshaw and buses anywhere.
6. And no movement of vehicle until and unless the traffic goes green. Cause I saw that if the timer says 6,5.. then the vehicle takes off. It leaves pedestrian to run to cross the road..


What are our cops doing...

Comments

  1. dear Anuj
    i am really pleased with your observations. its a common experience but no one pays attention to it.

    traffic jams and such road transport problems are becoming more and more crucial in future.

    i will like to refer you my article on sustainable urban mobility which i have published way back in 2008... but it needs your attention also.
    sustainable urban mobility (social and economical label)
    at http://swaroopgodbole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bumblebee, What can we learn from them | White board sketch

Petu Chaubey Hindi poem | पेटु चौबे

I read this poem when I was in class 3, I guess. It is NCERT bal bharati poem. However, I don't remember the complete poem, so I made it myself. The first four lines are from the original poem, rest is something I made it myself. I hope you guys will enjoy this. If anyone of you come across the original poem, please send it to me. You can comment or email Thanks Anuj पेटु चौबे एक थे पेटु चौबे मशहूर खाते थे भोजन भरपूर जब भी कही से न्योता आता उनका मन फूला ना समाता हाथ मे लोटा, मटकू पेट खाने के लिए ना होते लेट पेट भर जाता पर जब मन ना भरता लोटा भर भर वो ले आते समेट एक दिन ऐसे ही एक न्योता आया चोबे का मन फूला ना समाया सोचने लगे अब खाउँगा भरपेट गरम जलेबी, जुलाब जामुन के प्लेट पहुचे जाके लोटा लेके मिलता नही खाने के मौके भरपेट खाया ठुसे ठुसे कर पाँचो उंगली चूस चूस कर कितना खाए समझ ना आए गिर पड़े पेट पकड़ चिल्लाए कोई बुलाओ डॉक्टर जी को अब तो मरने की नौबत है आए भागते भागते डॉक्टर आए बोले चौबे जी ना घबराए अभी इलाज़ करता हू मैं एक चूरन की पूडिया भरता ह

Dream League Soccer 2016, India Kit Download for free

Dream League Soccer Kit - India If you need something more customized, do place your comments and I will make it available for you. Copy and Paste this link.. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgrsJQKajacnLWDJbFEVNOHdCoQBoJ5kVwYPgiQy_QLw5E-t09K0-RLd7XNFJRiTrQgRRbhmIDMzVEqIOe8hRDe6RstbgX-flA_H4UM5PBIyIYdb8Tyn2YDXKrj426j9T6zIUvNrgN2MHJq/s1600/Indiakit.png Copy and Paste this link.. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgAwdIJVgJyvsX4BosoZ_kbKqpuhqW8mTjNjMpYY5-OM16Xj15EWXElEoqVolXLl2rQUlaqjrlh8EbyqMzpLBAp3sP25WakEN1KHpMY3EgFnvMuYFX9LfzGmMS-mXxGgY4_hGC2cFdigK69/s1600/Indiakit2.png Copy and Paste this link.. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhpoHZrcpMvYuWvpELCFu2mVoxTtiVOOCbzpU5UPQ3BT1fNUop6sCnMIAqubTJH0lRj_xKBqj2EPcxgdCv0PvGyiRBjrLpnsCe3KKYkxr7ILUHbbXuTrDimw85VrMMZTXzAcCvg7NqlDnag/s1600/Picture1.png Copy and Paste this link.. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/